Union, KY asked in DUI / DWI and Immigration Law for Kentucky

Q: I'm looking for an opinion and maybe direction on entering Canada through International Falls for a fishing trip?

To explain, I've learned entering Canada after a DUI is difficult. I had a DUI in Californian in 2007. I completed a 6 month program and applied to have the case expunged. My attorney and I were successful. As of 2012, my case now shows "not guilty", "case dismissed". I have the court document showing this. Do you have an attorney who can answer this? Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: If the case was dismissed and shows it was dismissed, you should not have any trouble. If the case was expunged and there is no record of it, you should likewise gave no trouble. It only likely becomes a problem if there was and is a conviction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.