Tulsa, OK asked in Libel & Slander for Oklahoma

Q: can I be convicted of Unauthorized use of motor vehicle with no proof ?

A friend of mine reported her car stolen saying I stole it when I did not. she handed me the keys and allowed me to borrow her vehicle . Within several hours of using the car she got mad at me over her personal boyfriend life that has nothing to do with me. So she had text me and asked me to return the vehicle . at the time my phone was dead and I didn't even know she had text me. when finally getting my phone charged and on I read the text where she said she's called the cops and reported the car stolen. After reading that I quickly pulled the car over and left it with the keys in it. I text her back and told her I wasn't driving a car back to her if she's done that . I told her where I left the car and left the keys and went on about my business

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kyle Persaud
Kyle Persaud

A: This question is not really about libel and slander, it's about criminal law.

In order to convict you of a crime, the prosecutor has to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you are guilty.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.