Moab, UT asked in Personal Injury for Utah

Q: due you know any lawyer that will take a case from a women who had direct inguinal hernia surgery in 2001.

I can only find ones that go back as far as 2004. The doctor that did the surgery is no longer in salt lake city and they no longer have my records. So I do not no if I have the recall ring or mesh they used. I have had a lot of problem,and pain with this surgery.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: The issue is if they remove it you want it saved. I don't see a likely case until you can identify that item. Check the hospital records for the bills for the surgery--that might state what it was that was put in. Also hospitals frequently have the records that far back.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.