Worcester, MA asked in Family Law for Massachusetts

Q: Ex-Husband is angry that I introduced my boyfriend to the kids. (He is not a danger to my kids and the kids like him.)

He is threatening to take me to court and "change" things. (My interpretation is that he wants to see if he can get physical custody changed to him. He is also repeatedly texting and calling me and will not stop.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joshua H. Bearce
Joshua H. Bearce
  • Boston, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: If your boyfriend has no prior history which would make it unsafe for the children to be around him, then the fact that you introduced him to the children will not constitute a material and substantial change in circumstances warranting any modification of your parenting plan. I suggest you speak with an attorney who specializes in family law and/or child custody to discuss your options further. Good luck.

Meghan L Howard agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.