Asked in Child Support for Puerto Rico

Q: The father ir my son lives in Orlando,FL and I have full custody of my son can I use Child Support?

He's very irresponsable and change from job job to job so Asume can't find him.What can I do?He owes a lot and he fills federal faxes using my son's soccial security number without my consent and even de pm that he doesn't send money to our kid.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Hello and thank you for using JUSTIA. You have the social security number of the father thus ASUME should be able to get you his Tax refund sent to you each year. You can also file a petition against the paternal Grand parents for payments of child support since the father is not paying. Another thing you can do is have ASUME issue a request of an arrest warrent against the father for not paying child support.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.