Euless, TX asked in Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury for Texas

Q: If I had a injury years ago and got in a accident could I be reinjured?

3 Lawyer Answers

Daniel John Christensen

  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I am sorry to hear about your injury. If you suffered an injury in an incident recently, and that injury was really an aggravation of a prior injury, you are still entitled to bring a claim for that aggravation. I would have to know more facts to give you advice specific to your situation. Please call us immediately so we can get you the help you need. 512-888-9999.

Timur Akpinar agrees with this answer

Peter N. Munsing

  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Definitely. If you had fully recovered you have a new injury. If you hadn't you have a new injury on top of the old one, an aggravation. Either way, if it's not your fault get with a member of the Texas Trial Lawyesrs Assn for the county where the wreck happened. They give free consults.

Timur Akpinar agrees with this answer

Timur Akpinar


A: Yes, this is not an uncommon situation. The medical records of both accidents would need to be reviewed in detail to determine the causality of injuries. It could be a situation of aggravation of existing injuries, as has been pointed out already here. You may also hear the term "exacerbation" used in such a setting.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.