Hermitage, TN asked in Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Collections and Elder Law for Tennessee

Q: one loan was almost paid off it was $962 the other loan was for 15,000 for a car there were separately loans

one loan was almost paid off it was $962 the other loan was for 15,000 for a car there were separate loans it was the Redstone Federal credit Union I froze my account so I could not pay on the car payments 2 months behind on the $15,000 long because they froze my account would not take out the payments automatically like I asked and how I had it set up and would not let me get money out to pay the other loan came in repossess the one that I owe $962 and is currently going to be sold in auction they say in a few days this was all government benefits from retirement social security and VA benefits and they froze it Show Less

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: Hire a lawyer and file suit to block the sale and recover the money.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.