Milford, MA asked in Family Law and Health Care Law for Massachusetts

Q: Hi, can I remove my ungrateful, estranged 18 year old son from my healthcare plan?

Son lives in a different state and does not communicate with me. Thank you so much!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Meghan L Howard
Meghan L Howard
  • Foxboro, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: It depends. If you have a divorce agreement or court order that states you shall keep him on your health insurance so long as he is eligible, you would not be able to remove him without court approval.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.