Newark, OH asked in Divorce and Family Law for Ohio

Q: Can I file a motion or modification

So I'mma the defendant in the middle of a divorce im also pro se. We have recently had our case management conference.

During court we realized that the plaintiff had not fully turned in her answers to my interrogatories so the judge extended her due date for 3 more days making it March 29th she has yet to do turn them in and in fact ask me for another week am I able to file a motion for contempt or something

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Philip Allan Logan Esq
Philip Allan Logan Esq
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Filing anything and getting a hearing would take much longer than a week, so you probably should give her another week. However, do it in writing and ask for a written acknowledgement and agreement. If she doesnt comply your remedy is not contempt, but a motion to compel and for fees if you had to hire an attorney, which is what you should probably have done.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.