Clarkston, GA asked in Criminal Law and Immigration Law for Georgia

Q: I moved to Ga in February with my girlfriend and my mom upon finding out my son mother who lives in Nj went and filled

Charges of threatened to kill her but I did not nor was I anywhere near her she is mad that I moved on. My former landlord said paperwork came to house. One of my friend called her she said she told them she didn’t want to Pursue any longer because she knows she lied however the state has tAken up the case so my question is what should I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ecleynne Mercy
Ecleynne Mercy
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: ou need to hire someone to represent you. Cause these are serious charges. Just because the charges are false does not mean they just go away. We are all familiar with many people serving prison time for something they did not do. Protect yourself and hire an attorney. You do not want to wait on cases like these, the more time passes the more the story may turn more against your favor. Thus, you should hire an attorney and let them know everything so they can help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.