Jersey City, NJ asked in Real Estate Law and Probate for Puerto Rico

Q: My grandmother died in 1991 in Puerto Rico. I had a title search done and they could not find her title.

How can I get a title established? I have a CRIM pin # and account # for her house. I also have

I also have the Departamento De La Vivienda Administración De Vivienda Rural certification.

Thank you,

Nancy Santiago

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Hello and thank you for using Justia. This sounds very odd that CRIM would have the property accessed without the property being registered. You will need to search all records of past owners of said property to find out what went wrong with your Grandmother's registry of property.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.