Manchester, PA asked in Workers' Compensation for Pennsylvania

Q: Unpaid Medical Bills

I had a workers compensation settlement in April 2015. They agreed to pay medical until the date of settlement. Last year I found out there was unpaid bills. The rep stated my medical provided was coding them wrong. Both the billing dept and the comp carrier said it would be taken care of. This past week I found out the bills are not paid but the comp carrier uses a new third party administrator. I spoke with them and they gave me the "new" claim number to give the billing department. The rep stated they wont guarantee payment. Is there any statutes of limitation that would apply? I called the judge's office that did the settlement hearing and they could not give legal advice. He did state I could file a penalty petition. Should I file a penalty petition or will this my loss?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Glenn Neiman
Glenn Neiman pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Warminster, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Assuming you had an attorney represent you in the settlement (and this is yet another reason everyone should seriously consider doing so), call your attorney. If you did not have an attorney, yes, you may need to litigate this issue. Either way, you may need to consult with an attorney, whether your previous one or another, to see what options you have.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.