Spring, TX asked in Insurance Defense and Traffic Tickets for Texas

Q: Can I have an attorney write a letter to a judge for me to have a ticket from 2014 for no insurance and fta dismissed?

My license expired in February and upon trying to renew it this old ticket showed up from April 2014. I have no insurance now because I have no vehicle. I moved from San Marcos in 2015 to Spring Tx.

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary D. Peak
Gary D. Peak
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Eastland, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Yes you can, and what we usually do under facts like this is try to get the Judge to allow you to pay the Fail to Appear and dismiss the no insurance. The FTA is not a moving violation and it keeps you from getting a suspension for no insurance and surcharges.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.