Cleveland, OH asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Ohio

Q: If my liciense are suspended and i have a warrant how can i get the block off completly

I have a warrant block from one of my tickets i didnt pay now tgey asking me to turn myself in

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Brian Smith Esq

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Rocky River, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: That attorney could file a motion to lift the warrant. These are frequently granted when a court sees an effort to resolve the ticket. A court may then schedule a pretrial where that attorney can work to resolve the ticket too. If the court will not withdraw the warrant, an attorney could help make arrangements to turn yourself in and resolve the ticket.

Dimitrios Makridis agrees with this answer

Matthew Williams

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: One way or another the warrant needs to be lifted and the ticket dealt with. An attorney can certainly streamline the process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.