Diamond Bar, CA asked in Probate for California

Q: How do i reject the claims against probate case and can i reject the medical claim ?

No other bill. OnlyMedical claim but its wrong and i want to reject it. Is that allowed or do they get paid whatever they want regardless? I feel if i say theyre wrong im only wasting my time. But its not fair. I am Administrator and this claim is wrong. What is process for this issue is there a form or do i write a letter and later how do i get the claim closed so i can end probate already bcuz theres no other bill to pay.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Richard Samuel Price

  • Probate Lawyer
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You can ask for additional substantiation of the claim.

You can also reject the claim, but you need a reason for the rejection.

Rejecting the claim allows the creditor to sue on the claim.

Bill Sweeney

  • Probate Lawyer
  • San Juan Capistrano, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If the claim is rejected, creditors may sue the estate to obtain payment, which can cause much delay and expense. Use DE-174.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.