Miami Beach, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: I recently had my criminal case closed the judge ordered me probation and that my record be "held from adjudication"

I just need to know for when im applying to jobs if they run a background check will they see my charges? Do i have to finish probation and then its gone?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Gary Kollin

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
  • Licensed in Florida


If you are on probation, your record would show.

If you qualify you may be able to have your record sealed after you finish your supervision.

1 user found this answer helpful

Andrew Lawrence Moses

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: It sounds as if the judge "withheld adjudication". This means that you are not convicted of the crime. A background search will most likely show this arrest. However, you may answer that you have not been convicted of a crime. Additionally, you may want to consider sealing your record if you successfully complete the probation and are otherwise eligible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.