Dallas, TX asked in Child Custody for Oklahoma

Q: Father=supervised standard visitation. Child just turned two do I have to give her up for weeks out of summer for visit

Father has standard visitation supervised (grandma supervises) He just started it but grandma says they want the summer vacation. My child is 2 and so young and has never been away from me really (doesn’t even attend daycare) do I have to give her up weeks out of summer?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kyle Persaud
Kyle Persaud
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Bartlesville, OK

A: It depends on what the custody order says. If the custody order says you have to give the child up for weeks in the summer, you have to do it. If the custody order says that you don't have to give the child up for weeks in the summer, you don't have to.

if the custody order says you have to give the child up for weeks in the summer, and you don't think the child is ready for that, you should file a motion to modify the custody order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.