San Antonio, TX asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Support for Texas

Q: Good Evening , When modifying an order for child support, if a child requires substantial care how do I make reference?

My son was diagnosed at age 2 1/2, at the time his father was in the military and we were married. Shortly after, we separated and later

divorced. My attorney filed temporary then signed orders for child support adding that my ex-husband was to support him for the remainder of

his life or until he passed. Nearly three years ago, the OAG in my State modified orders and removed this clause. Any chance I can see how I can get it back into the orders as my son's condition is only worsening and does not seem to be diminishing. His behavior and medical issues are becoming more severe. He is attending school (with accommodations) and needs supervision and care around the clock. Any advise?

1 Lawyer Answer
Rahlita D. Thornton
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Your facts are very involved even for the average attorney. This is not something you want to do yourself if you have a choice, We can help. 888-343-4529.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.