Patchogue, NY asked in Admiralty / Maritime for New Jersey

Q: how do I get a copy of the court papers and shipwreck arrest of the Andrea Doria by John Moyer

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Maritime Law Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: There was a preliminary injunction filed for the wreck of the Andrea Doria in the United States District Court, District of New Jersey. It was referenced as 836 F. Supp. 1099 (1993) - Civ. A. No. 93-2377. It's hard to say how much of the file subsequent to that is digitized and online, as the preliminary injunction dates back to 1993, but contacting the court could be a starting point if related documentation does not surface online.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.