San Antonio, TX asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Texas

Q: My wife is not a citizen of usa she married me just for papers

What can I do If I really feel she married me for papers and when I didn't get them she left moved another man in with my 5 yrs old son after less then a month of dating what can I do how does this affect anything I need advice and yes we are still married and she has been sleeping around on me for years I

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary D. Peak
Gary D. Peak
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Eastland, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I would recommend you file for divorce and seek custody of your son. I would do so sooner rather than later, as the longer you allow your son to live with another man taking no action, it appears you don't think it is harmful.

Now, until there is a court Order in place you have as much right to your son as she does. I would obtain possession (peacefully) and not return the child to her. If that is possible, I would have possession of the child before you file for divorce, and then seek a temporary restraining order and Temp Orders giving you custody of your son.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.