Monson, MA asked in Divorce and Family Law for Massachusetts

Q: Hi, I am looking for a lawyer who does pro bono work. I am on permanent Social Security Disabilty so my income is low.

I am looking to file for alimony. My husband and I have been seperated for 1 year. He does well for himself while I barely make ends meet. I am on a fixed income which makes it almost impossible to live and pay bills with anything left over. Any information or help that could be given or put me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: You should consider filing a Motion for a Fund to be paid for your retention of counsel if he does well financially and you are struggling.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.