Harrisburg, PA asked in Workers' Compensation for Pennsylvania

Q: my dr told me to be off and they are dyeing my work comp I can not return till I PT what do I need to do to fight this

I had a sonogram done and the dr said there was a torn muscle and 2 small hernias'. Work comp called me yesterday and said they are dynein my claim but my dr told me I can not return till I have PT

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Glenn Neiman
Glenn Neiman pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Warminster, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: The answer is that you need to consult with an attorney, preferably one certified as a specialist in workers' compensation law, asap. A Claim Petition will need to be filed and litigated. An attorney can explain in more detail how this will work based on the facts in your case. Good luck!

Richard Alan Jaffe and Timothy Belt agree with this answer

Richard Alan Jaffe
Richard Alan Jaffe
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your Workers Compensation Claim.

Given the fact that you have been advised by the Workers Compensation Carrier that they will be denying your Claim, it is my recommendation that you promptly contact an Attorney who is a Certified Specialist in Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Law to discuss your case, in greater detail, at which time you will be able to determine your rights and remedies.

More than likely, a Claim Petition will need to be filed on your behalf.

Please note the consultation with an Attorney will more than likely be free of charge and most Attorneys will accept your Case on a Contingent Fee Basis.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.