Rockaway Park, NY asked in Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation and Employment Discrimination for New York

Q: Can I sue my place of employment for pain and suffering due to a fall while I was pregnant

The fall at Northwell Health Lij resulted in a life threatening situation for my daughter and I , and I underwent 2 back surgeries. I had to leave my home and move in with my parents for financial and medical reasons. It led me to file section 32 which required me to resign, however the resignation basically states that I will be blackballed from every healthcare facility affiliated with Northwell Health which I feel is unfair. I have been traumatized and depressed and most likely won’t be able to carry another child successfully and I am only 29 years old

1 Lawyer Answer
V. Jonas Urba
V. Jonas Urba
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Consult with personal injury lawyers. Maybe a third party lawsuit? Constructive discharge is very difficult to prove. You were either able to perform your job duties with accommodation or were not. Did you request any type of reasonable accommodation and if it was reasonable and not an undue hardship on your employer why resign?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.