Akron, OH asked in Divorce and Family Law for Ohio

Q: how can I keep my house in a divorce?

We have 3 minor children together and he has a 15 year old son and an adult daughter that lives with us. We are both listed as owners of our house I would like to keep custody of the children and the house what can I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Philip Allan Logan
Philip Allan Logan
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: This is what courts are for if you and he cant agree. Usually the court would allow a mother with minor children to reside in the home and give her 3-5 to refinance or pay her ex his half of the equity. You need to hire and discuss this with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.