Cedar Park, TX asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas

Q: My ex wants to back out on our mutual agreed change to standard visitation for this weekend. Can she on short notice?tx

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Elaine Brown

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Dripping Springs, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Generally, when parents agree to visitation outside of the Court ordered visitation schedule, they can back out of the agreement without consequences from the Court. This can be frustrating to the other parent. However, it is difficult to enforce any schedules outside of those ordered by the Court.

The answer given is for education purposes only and does not create an attorney/client relationship with Elaine S. Brown.

Rahlita D. Thornton

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Unfortunately there is nothing that you can do. Hopefully, this is just a one time thing and you two can work together to be respectful of each other's time for the sake of your child. Good luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.