Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas

Q: I haven't seen my son in a year because his dad has kept him from me. I am in desperate need of help.

2018 cps was called but the case got closed. I was scheduled 2 visitions and he didnt show up to either one and the cps lady said there was nothing she could do. Everything has been in his hands and he threatened my son all the time. He lied since day one of court and he still won. Got me drug tested in court i passed and he still one. I don't know what to do anymore I am desperately asking for help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rahlita D. Thornton
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Your post just tugged at my heartstrings. Parents who do this hurt their own kids. I couldn’t imagine not being able to see a child of mine for over 1 month let alone 1 year. CPS can not assert your rights. You have to do that. You can file motions and actions to get this resolved. If court orders sets out visitation and he is violating it you can file a motion for enforcement. If you need to change the terms of the order we would consider a motion to modify. Hope this helps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.