Pawtucket, RI asked in Child Custody for Rhode Island

Q: What can a person do if they believe their case was lost due to judge and plaintiff having friendship prior to the case

Custodial loses placement after non-custodial makes false allegations which are proven unfounded by dcyf custodial fights case for a year judge does not listen to evidence judge does not allow for a hearing judge continues case constantly for over a year information has come forward that plaintiff has been doing work on the judges house that started prior to him filing a motion for placement

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: Talk to your attorney if you are want to take an appeal from the judge's decision. If your attorney is not willing to represent you for the appeal, consult with another attorney soonest. There is a limited time to file an appeal.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.