New Hartford, NY asked in Child Custody, Domestic Violence and Family Law for New York

Q: Help, my ex violates the custody order all the time and then when I do not agree to his demands, he calls cops?

Blames me for everything, calls me names, doesn't follow the order, the order his lawyer omitted parts that were agreed upon. My lawyer stopped calling me back, I have tried 5 times since the end of March. Been going through this for 3 years, our son is 3 1/2, I get followed by his father and who know who else. No one seems to help me. I am now going at this without a lawyer as I do not have the thousands of dollars to spend on this.

1 Lawyer Answer
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Garden City, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: If he is following you around (need to have dates when you saw him) and he constantly calls cops when you don't agree to his demands, you probably need to file for an order of protection. As for omitted parts of an order, if the agreement was in court, you can get a transcript and refile the order with the transcript. If it was agreed in writing, then you can again resubmit with a copy of the writing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.