Jacksonville, FL asked in Immigration Law for Florida

Q: I were admitted at UNF as a student with F-1 visa (I was seeking for it), but while waiting the interview I got married

And we applied for green card. So now I can’t be an F-1 student anymore and I’m confused about my admission. can I study? And if I can what rights I’ll have? (Paying like an international student or resident?)

My university can’t answer me on that and they are saying I need to talk with the lawyer.

Related Topics:
3 Lawyer Answers

Deron Edward Smallcomb

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • San Diego, CA

A: As advised by your University, you should contact an immigration lawyer for assistance.

Kyndra Mulder

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You may attend school as an LPR and no longer need the J visa.

Kevin D. Slattery Esq.

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Tampa, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Consider scheduling a consultation with a competent immigration attorney who can evaluate your case and, if you so choose, guide you through the marriage-based immigration process. Through the marriage based case, you may be able soon to qualify for in-state tuition if you plan on continuing with school.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.