Hampton, GA asked in Personal Injury for Georgia

Q: My attorney withdrew from my wc claim after nearly 2 years. He also placed a lien on my case

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Aaron Marks
Aaron Marks
  • Decatur, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I recommend contacting the attorney to inquire why he has withdrawn from your case and whether (1) he will agree to represent you again (2) he will remove his lien, or (3) he will try to help you find new counsel. Again I'm sorry you're having to deal with this stressful situation. Good luck.


Aaron Marks



Aaron Marks, Esq.

The Marks Law Group, LLC


150 East Ponce de Leon Avenue, Suite 200

Decatur, Georgia 30030




404-939-1485 (ph)

833-247-5291 (toll free)

404-581-5902 (fx)

Brad Sims McLelland
Brad Sims McLelland
  • Brunswick, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You need to consult with another workers' compensation lawyer. He or she wll need more information to determine what can and should be done moving forward. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.