Newark, NJ asked in Foreclosure for Puerto Rico

Q: How can I obtain a copy of a foreclosure letter of a home that was foreclosed Ive tried contacting the bank lender

bank hasnt been able to help. I need this letter asap. The home is located in Puerto rico

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Hello and thank you for using JUSTIA. A foreclouser letter is sent by the financial institution. The foreclosure process is done by a financial institution against the borrower in the Superior Court of the location of the Property. As part of the claim, the foreclosure letter needs to be included with said claim. You can either go to the Superior Court with the names of the parties involved in the case matter and request a copy of the letter and Court decree or you can go to the Registry of Property in the district where the Property is located with the information of the Property and request a copy of the registry. This last alternative will only inform you that the property has been foreclosed. You can retain an Attorney to do this for you at an estimated cost of $ 350.00.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.