Philadelphia, PA asked in Workers' Compensation for Pennsylvania

Q: I haven't received any treated for my ankel in 10 months i was stucked by a forklift.WMC doctor say I have deformity

They took an mri of the foot not the ankel both doctors worte long do i wait more for treatment.and with no back pay also.I have a lawyer but its taking so long for treatment.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Glenn Neiman
Glenn Neiman pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Warminster, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: I am so sorry this happened to you. Having your valid claim denied can be very frustrating, to say the least. The best person to give you an answer with regard to the timing of your case is your attorney. Only he or she knows the details of your case and can provide some estimate for how long it will take. A Claim Petition can take a year or more to litigate fully. There may be other sources you can try for medical treatment, perhaps public programs like Medicaid. Again, your attorney may be able to direct you to programs that may fit your needs. Good luck!

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: As your lawyer must have told you, you can go to your own doctors by now. If your treatment is for foot and ankle that should be fairly simple given the facts of your case. If the person on the forklift was not an employee of your employer you may have another case as well.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.