San Antonio, TX asked in Civil Rights, Family Law and Real Estate Law for Texas

Q: How do I get an ex bf to leave my house? Everything under my name.

When we broke up years ago(when my oldest was about 2- now 6) I put him on child support. I bought this house(2015), his name is not on anything and does not pay. He claims because he pays child support he pays “rent” to live here. (95% if not more of child support goes to daycare) Therefore, he will not move out. How can I get him moved out? I would like him out ASAP as he is verbally abusive and is always intoxicated.

1 Lawyer Answer
Rahlita D. Thornton
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You need to file for divorce and request a temporary hearing. There you can discuss the issues that you have. If you were married when you purchased the home then it is legally his as well. That date was not provided. Your best bet it to get a divorce attorney to assist you. Let us know if we can assist. 888-343-4529.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.