Auburn Hills, MI asked in Probate for Michigan

Q: How do I put a house through probate in Michigan?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Trent Harris
Trent Harris
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Jackson, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: There's several options. You could do a petition and order for assignment, using SCAO form pc556. Or you could file an application for informal probate and appointment of a personal representative, using form pc558. Or you could file a petition for formal probate and appointment of a personal representative, using form pc559. Which one would be right for you? We'd need to know more information about the deceased, whether there was a will, who the interested persons are, how the house was titled, and other things like that. I'd recommend you contact a qualified probate attorney in your area who can help you determine what the right thing is for your circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.