Mckinney, TX asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Oklahoma

Q: My son was charged with a contraband charge for something that he was not present to see officer find during the search,

They said $800 surety bond. They had already done several searches of clothing and everything checking pockets and all. Then all a sudden a officer comes in after he been locked in a cell and says he found contraband in a pockets that we know had been searched many times. He did have my son present when he supposedly searched again. What can we do. My son refuses to be charged with a contraband charge that he knows wasn't in his property and he wasn't present during the search search.

1 Lawyer Answer
Keegan Kelley Harroz
Keegan Kelley Harroz
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You need to hire an experienced defense attorney to fight these charges for your son.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.