Fayetteville, NC asked in Divorce for North Carolina

Q: I'm divorced & i moved out for the 1 year separation. The house & deed is in my name only. How do I get my ex husband

Out my house?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Houser
Amanda Bowden Houser
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: I am assuming you did your own divorce because the way you are describing things is not typical. If the house is in your name only, why were you the one to leave to start the separation period? And if you are already now divorced why was this issue not resolved during the divorce? At this point, things may be quite screwed up for you - your best bet is to consult with a local family law attorney which is what you should have done in the beginning so you likely would not be in the situation you are in now.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.