Reno, NV asked in Civil Rights for Nevada

Q: I have doctor's orders to get the smart meter off my house and they won't take it off my house how do I go about get him

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Branum
Mike Branum
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Saint George, UT
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: You don't. You have a number of choices. You could request your doctor give you a prescription for a medication to help you deal with the anxiety of having the smart meter on your house (Xanax, Prozac, Ativan - there are many options, if one does not work you could try something else). You could have the electrical service to your house disconnected and use candles, lanterns, or battery-operated lights. You could also research electrical utilities which do not use smart meters and move to an area served by such a utility. The day is likely coming when you will not be able to get electrical service without a smart meter, so you might have to move again later if you choose this option. You could live in a tent in the woods. You could build a home with solar electrical service. You could live on a boat.

I hope one of these suggestions is helpful.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.