Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nevada Civil Rights Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights for Nevada on
Q: I have doctor's orders to get the smart meter off my house and they won't take it off my house how do I go about get him
Mike Branum
Mike Branum answered on Jul 7, 2019

You don't. You have a number of choices. You could request your doctor give you a prescription for a medication to help you deal with the anxiety of having the smart meter on your house (Xanax, Prozac, Ativan - there are many options, if one does not work you could try something else). You could... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights for Nevada on
Q: This can go to the police record
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on Jun 8, 2018

Whatever you think. You did not ask a question

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Nevada on
Q: Does the officer that is doing the citizen arrest need to tell beforehand he is doing a citizen arrest? Or does the

Person that made a report to make a citizen arrest need to be there? I live in northern Nevada.

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on May 26, 2018

Before hand what?

Why would the officer's action be a citizen's arrest?

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Federal Crimes and Government Contracts for Nevada on
Q: I'd like to sue Barack Obama for giving 150 billion dollars of american tax payer dollars to Iran, without consent.

Since there are close to 250-300 million american workers that would bring my share to around 4.2 million dollars. I'd like to be compensated, since this was done without consent. Is there a lawyer who will take my case?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 13, 2018

No. If there had been I'm sure it would have been done. There are a number of reasons way too long for me to give you.

Consider a similar thought--can someone sue the Congress for giving over a trillion dollars in tax breaks to wealthy people? No, that's what they do.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI and Civil Rights for Nevada on
Q: my dui case for weed was dismissed i wasnt guilty and did each field test twice, can i sue the city or county ?

I wasnt high at all and these cops made me do the eye test 3 times for 3 different cops and ended up goin to jail for dui marijuana 2 days before my court date i received a call my case was dismissed, what should i do? Just let it go? Or is that like false imprisonment or something

Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko answered on Oct 1, 2016

Police officers generally have qualified immunity from lawsuits in the performance of their duties. Contact a personal injury or civil rights attorney if you wish, but don't be surprised if you are told there is nothing you can do.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Sexual Harassment, Personal Injury and Civil Litigation for Nevada on
Q: In Nv, is there anything that can stop or halt the moving of a prisoner based on the facts of discrimination by facility

He's been segregated in solitaire confinement by the NORTHERN NV CORRECTIONAL CENTER based on his health status and sexual orientation and discriminated against now for about 8.5 months. I contacted the facility after the DOJ stepped in and advised them that an attorney would be contacting them... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 3, 2016

Contact the Nevada Civil Liberties Union, and ask to speak with one of their "cooperating attorneys" for prison issues. They give free consults.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Health Care Law for Nevada on
Q: Myself and others were recently illegally detained in a mental health hospital. Can this be a pro bono case?

The staff would try to illicit emotional responses by waking us all night, misdiagnosing us, throwing out accusations of substance abuse and attempting to bring us to mental health court with no legal grounds.

Marshall Jason Ray
Marshall Jason Ray answered on May 21, 2016

Any case can be a pro bono case if you find an attorney willing to do the case for free. If you believe you have a viable lawsuit for money damages, you do not necessarily need a pro bono lawyer. Many lawyers will give free consultations, and if they assess that you have a good case they will... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.