Schaumburg, IL asked in Divorce for Illinois

Q: My ex is not complying with d divorce judgement of giving me rent money fr d properties we split. Can i sue him?

He quit claim on 3 properties over a yr & I just started getting the full rent from 1 property. He stays on one apartment on 2nd property & wont move out & keeping $2000 rentals from the 3rd property.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert B. Buchanan
Robert B. Buchanan
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Your options are entirely dependent on the language in your judgment.

If he is violating the judgment you can sue him within the same case for enforcement.

You might be entitled to attorneys fees as well.

Contact a lawyer for personalized advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.