East Weymouth, MA asked in Divorce for Massachusetts

Q: Any legal recourse?years ago was charged with lewd and lacivious conduct in MA. The other party was in his 20s

Along with another 14 year old girl. We were charged with sexual acts in public. This was about 18 years ago. We were with two men in their late twenties. As an adult parent of a 14 year old, and kn retrosepct, I know that I was a victim of these men. I feel as though I was a victim of the court, as well. Do i need to accept ot and move on? Am I correct in feeling that those men should have faced more severe charges than the same lewd and lacivious conduct we were faced with?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: There are attorneys who specialize in sexual abuse cases and this is not really a family law question.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.