Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Texas

Q: My ex won't pay child support. I never got child support on him I just want him to come see his daughter.

My ex haven't seen his daughter since she was born I've been trying to tell him to come see her but he won't I told him I'm going to do child support but he said that he is not going to pay? He has two more kids and he pays child support and he see them but I've been trying to get him to see Abby but he won't. I just don't know what to do at this point

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rahlita D. Thornton
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can not force a parent to visit. You can file for child support and then that person is responsible whether he visits or not. The Attorney General assists with establishing child support orders. Connect with them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.