Asked in Child Support, Divorce, Family Law and Real Estate Law for Oklahoma

Q: My parents divorced 20 years ago. Mother never sold house as directed. Now she is passing. What type attorney is needed?

Fathers estate has 3 people that are not on mothers. When mother passes there will questions regarding the property and whonis goes to. Only myself and sster are on both estates. Father only payed 18 months or mortgage before divorcing mother and died owing substantial childsupport. Would court order his estates interest in property relinquished in lieu of back child support? What area a practice would this fall under?

1 Lawyer Answer
Hans Otto Lehr
Hans Otto Lehr
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: I would say that you need the services of an experienced family law practitioner licensed in the State of Oklahoma. That person should be able to handle most (if not all) of the issues that you're experiencing now.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.