El Paso, TX asked in Child Support and Family Law for Puerto Rico

Q: Child Support through ASUME in PR for 2 kids. the oldest recently came to live with me. How can I proceed about the CS?

I pay Child Support for 2 kids through ASUME in PR, but I'm located in TX. My kids have been living in CT for the last 5 years. My daughter is about to be eighteen, and came to live with me after her High School Graduation, but my son stayed with the Custodial Parent. How can I proceed to change or cancel the child support since the order is through PR, and how could it change the payment for the second child?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jose Rivera
Jose Rivera
  • Ponce, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: You and the family lawyer that you hire will have to file the correspondent ASUME claims and allegations in your original case in Puerto Rico.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.