Oklahoma City, OK asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Oklahoma

Q: My father passed away. He had a will and I am the execator . The will just states to divided everything equal among my

among my two sisters and me. How long do I wait to divide to see if any bills come in. He didn't owe anything. Didn't have much

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hans Otto Lehr
Hans Otto Lehr
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: If he has an actual will, not a trust, you'll need to file a probate action and present the will to probate Judge to get an order from the Court to divide up the assets. Having an attorney to help you will ensure this is done as quickly and efficiently as possible. However, there will be (potentially) several Court appearances to accomplish this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.