Brewster, NY asked in Business Law, Contracts and Consumer Law for Washington

Q: Hi- I purchased a used car out of state. I signed a contract and paid in full, but have not taken delivery of the car.

I became aware of the fact that I cannot register this car in my state due to emission laws. I have repeatedly asked the dealer if it would pass in my state and received vague answers. I want to unwind the deal. Again, the dealer still has the car:(

1 Lawyer Answer

A: You are wasting your breath asking the dealer if the used car complies with Washington laws because the dealer is in a different state. Try asking the authorities in Washington.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.