Concord, NC asked in Divorce for North Carolina

Q: CaN I get a free divorce in north Carolina if my spouse he is in prison for next 7 to 9 years. We been separated 2016

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Houser
Amanda Bowden Houser
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: You may qualify to have court cost and service of process fees waived IF you are indigent (extremely low or no income) but you will still have to do quite a bit of work to do yourself which the court is not allowed to help you with. Even if you are indigent and eligible to have court cost waived, if you can swing the flat rate fee $470 to have us do everything for you (assuming he is in prison in North Carolina). Visit our site at to see if our service is a good fit for you

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.