Lorain, OH asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: My ex is living with my daughter and a sex offender who was charged for being with a minor. What can I do to get her out

We have a shared parenting custody agreement in the divorce and I pay child support. He is her main source of child care since he is out of work and on house arrest. Is there any way I can become the resident parent?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Denise Rini
Denise Rini
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: File a Motion to Modify the Shared Parenting Plan and Motion for a Guardian ad Litem to be appointed in the Court where the divorce was granted. If you think it is an Emergency, file an Emergency Motion, though depending on the Jurist will depend how quickly you receive a hearing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.