Cheshire, CT asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut

Q: I have been charged for 2nd degree larceny by ex employer. First time offender in CT

I was fired in February and just got notified in June this was happening. Never been in trouble before. He claims I didn’t work the hours I did and the raise he gave me never happened. My raise went through payroll and he looks at the records all the time. All raises are verbal nothing in writing.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Allan F. Friedman
Allan F. Friedman pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Stamford, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: Sounds like this should me more of a civil case than a criminal case. I suggest that you speak with an experienced criminal defense lawyer who offers free consultations to get some advice specific to your case. You don't give enough details in your question here to provide a useful legal opinion and there is no real specific question posed. Without any doubt this is a serious charge and you should retain legal counsel to represent you. Best of luck with your case

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.