Cleveland, OH asked in Social Security for Ohio

Q: My children father is on ssi child support says i cant receive any help i feel its not fair im struggling

My friend gets ssi and they take 250 out his check for his kids he doesnt know how they did that he has never work before he doesnt get any survivor benifits either so what can i do with my children father take him to court

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Denise Rini
Denise Rini
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Greetings from a steamy afternoon. If a person is receiving SSD, (Social Security Disability), there is derivative benefit for children, though when there is SSI (Supplemental) is means based and the person does not have a work history, there is no derivative for the children.

Call the Social Security office and ask if there is a benefit for your child.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.