Saint Petersburg, FL asked in Divorce for Arkansas

Q: I live in Arkansas and my ex lives in Australia, how do i file for a divorce?

When she came here on a visitation visa we got married but we fell apart and she went back home, ever since then her and i had broke up and now i want a divorce. she told me i had to file it since i want one, so i am in need of help trying to do so.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Patrick R. Lee
Patrick R. Lee
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: You can still file for divorce as long as you have lived in the state for a certain period of time. You should probably consult with an attorney who can determine how to proceed based on the facts of your particular case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.